Every day, we indulge in and are exposed to different habits and climatic factors that cause harmful effects to our Skin and entire Body. Excessive Sun exposure, usage of hydroquinone and mercury based Skin products, Smoking, excessive Alcohol consumption, inadequate Water intake, lack of proper cleansing of Makeup, poor Diet and over bleaching and processing of the Hair, are a number of the contributing factors that cause premature ageing of the Skin.
Other effects of these harsh factors are the appearance of fine lines on the face, wrinkles, as well as sagging and dull skin.
Natural Moisturizers have very little, or no chemical additives. They are often the best way to handle dry and damaged areas of Skin. They are organic and hypo-allergenic and are well tolerated by different Skin types.
Here’s a list of very effective and healthy Natural Moisturizers:
1. Avocado oil is a highly therapeutic oil rich in Vitamins A, B1, B2, D, and E. Skin problems, especially eczema, are reputed to respond well to its high vitamin content.
2. Coconut Oil is a vital ingredient in our natural soap formulas, lending hardness and lather to the soap; rich in vitamins and moisturizers both for the Skin and Hair.
3. Jojoba Oil is an excellent moisturizer, suitable for all skin types. Jojoba contains muriatic acid, which has anti-inflammatory qualities.
4. Jojoba Oil can be used on skin with acne without any problems and may even help control the acne.
5. Jojoba Oil is also a good choice for use on mature, ageing skin and for wrinkles.
6. Olive Oil is very rich in moisturizing, softening, and regenerating properties. It contains Skin-nourishing vitamins and minerals including Calcium, Vitamins A, B1, B2.
7. Shea Butter is a healing balm for Rheumatism, muscle aches, burns, and light wounds. It softens and nourishes skin and is rich in antioxidant and regenerative properties. It is especially useful for renewing Skin suffering from the effects of harsh atmospheric conditions.
8. Evening Primrose Oil is exceptionally high in fatty acids, especially the essential gamma linolenic acid (GLA). This oil has superb moisturizing properties and is believed to be effective in helping with eczema and Psoriasis.
9. Honey is enriched with minerals, vitamins and amino acids. It is believed to be a moisturizing, softening, and healing agent for the skin. Honey is also used in natural remedies for its antibacterial properties.
10. Glycerin is an odourless, colourless, syrupy derivative of olive oil. It is a humectant, attracting moisture to the skin. It smoothens and freshens the skin.
11. Aloe-Vera is rich in antioxidant and inflammatory properties. It is perfect for moisturizing, soothing and regeneration for both skin and hair.
12. Castor Oil is rich in fatty acids that are very good for moisturizing the skin. This oil also acts as a humectant, attracting moisture to skin.
13. Beeswax is a by-product of honey which adds many wonderful properties to various body care products, natural lip balm and Aromatherapy massage balm formulas.
14. Cocoa Butter is a rich emollient with excellent skin softening and conditioning properties. It is valued for its high melting point, which is close to body temperature.
15. Apricot Kernel Oil has moisturizing, nourishing, and revitalizing properties. With its high Vitamin A content, Apricot Kernel Oil is particularly helpful for dehydrated, delicate, mature, and sensitive skin. This light but rich oil spreads easily and is therefore prized for use in Massage Therapy.
16. Eucalyptus is often used as an antiseptic and decongestant and is believed to relieve cold and flu symptoms. In skin care, Eucalyptus Essential Oil is employed for its reputed astringent and anti-inflammatory properties.
17. Sweet Almond Oil is a great emollient; softens and conditions Skin, and also helps the Skin to balance its loss and absorption of moisture. Sweet Almond Oil is loaded with vitamins and minerals and has been known to relieve itchy, dry and inflamed skin.
These Natural Moisturizers are major components of other cosmetic products. Care should always be taken to ensure that these organic substances are compatible with your Skin by doing a patch-test. Although they are natural, they might still not be suitable for everybody. Some of them also come as Multi-vitamins and supplements, so do avail yourself with them.
As we always advice, Nature’s power is maximized when used pro-actively. Thus, it is most advisable that we take advantage of these Natural Moisturizers and prevent Skin or Hair damage.
Above all these, remember that WATER is the greatest and cheapest Moisturizer. So go ahead, rub, eat, drink and swallow. Whichever way you like….they work, PERIOD!!
Adapted from freshfactor.com